(submitted by David Ross)
- 3 cans black beans, drained
- 2 lbs leftover smoked pork butt (Note: it’s hard to have leftovers)
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Bad Byron’s Butt Rub®
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
Put all ingredients in crock pot and set low for 8 hours.
If using a Dutch oven, bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer for 3 hours.
Add more water if needed.
Serve over rice or spaghetti.
Garnish with the usual suspects: chopped onion, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped avocado, etc.